Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm trapped in this suit...

The idea of an astronaut have been brewing in my "creative kitchen" for awhile now... more like two years. I'm thankful that I am able to work on it on the level that I want, as in; the growth artistic style, the maturity of the subject matter. All of this would not be possible if it wasn't for my life experience and the people that I encountered on my short time on this earth.

The Astronaut came about as a self-portrait. Right after my mother died in '09, I felt myself drifting in this void. This unexplainable feeling I thought. Who understands my pain? Who understands the hurt, the lost? These feelings and questions, that I thought no one could relate to. Albeit some times these selfish questions. Then at some point I realized that people do understand to an extent. My lack of communicating was my culprit.

mission controller…

my distress signal… Houston,

we have a problem


Then came the idea of the astronaut. This explorer, exploring the unknown with years of extensive training. The space programs puts one through a series of rigorous test that prepares you for the mission and for almost every worst case scenario. October 23, I lost contact with mission control. Years of preparation could have never prepared me for that... but it did. The Astronaut floats along the vastness of the mind, of the universe and even on his on planet.


ethereal trance

lethargic entity coax

docile subconscious

No comments:

Post a Comment